El Capitan

Posted on
Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:22 pm
Pilott28 offline

El Capitan

Just upgraded to El Capitan and indigo has lost touch with the interface module.

Thoughts?

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:39 am
haavarda offline

Re: El Capitan

What kind of interface?

Håvard

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:12 pm
Pilott28 offline

2413u

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:47 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Have you tried different USB ports, and verified that the correct serial port is selected?

Also, copy/paste the Event Log contents into a reply showing the specific error Indigo is logging.

Posted on
Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:59 am
Gelfin offline

I figure it might be helpful to report this somewhere as a data point:

I early-adopted El Capitan, running on a 2013 Mac Pro, and my USB PowerLinc (2448A7 rev2) ran without a hitch for months, then suddenly last night stopped. Restarting the interface and the local server did nothing. Reboot helped for about an hour before it stopped again. I think the trigger may have been related to power hiccups we experienced during last night's snow. The Mac is on a UPS, but some of the console log messages suggest the on-battery behavior might be a little conservative. That could be coincidence, though.

I keep the interface plugged into a long extension cable with a little unpowered 2-port hub at the end, to keep it away from potential RF interference from other hardware. Plugging the cable into a USB3 hub that is itself plugged into the back of the Mac, still no joy. Other devices plugged into that hub are still responsive. BUT I plugged the modem (with the extension cable) into one of the ports on the back of a Thunderbolt Display and it popped right up. Has been stable since. I'll post again if that changes.

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:07 pm
jeff-4 offline

I just upgraded to 10.11.2 and the interface is broken. Upon rebooting, replugging, etc., Indigo finds the modem 2413U, but it will not send any signals and then stops working (PowerLinc Modem lined out in red). Any hope to fix this? Everything was fine with prior versions of El Capitan.

Posted on
Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:02 pm
DaveM offline

Re: El Capitan - question from a non-tech user

This is a basic "IS IT SAFE?" question from an iMac user who is NOT tech-oriented. I've proudly used Indigo home light scheduling for at least eleven years and would be lost without it.

I'm currently OSX 10.10.5 with Indigo 6.6.1 which uses a basic smartphone wall socket interface (PowerLinc USB 2412U (I think..)) and also use a Smarthome signal booster to trigger the various (and antiquated, I'm sure..) X-10 socket, dimmer switches and plug-in modules I inherited with my home.

My jump from Indigo 5xxx to Indigo 6 was a little bumpy and and not wanting to jeopardize losing my Indigo schedule functions, have been reluctant to upgrade my OSX to 10.11.2 - El Capitan.

So, the only concern here is . . is there any reason to believe I might have Indigo issues if I go ahead and upgrade to El Capitan?

Thanks in advance. DaveM

Posted on
Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Unfortunately, there are some potential issues still outstanding with 10.11. If it were me, and you don't have a big reason to move, I'd wait for one more bug release before doing the upgrade. 10.11.2 is still fairly recent and while it looks promising from our testing there are still some issues outstanding (which you may or may not hit).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:44 pm
DaveM offline

Thanks for the quick response, Jay. You guys have always been there to get me over the handful of minor Indigo bumps I've had over time with Mac updates. I can easily wait on El Capitan for the time being. Given the lighting situation built into my home, this app has been the perfect solution and I can't imagine doing without it.

I will likely check back yet again down the road to get your read on how best to handle the inevitable next update jump.

Best,
dm

Posted on
Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:54 am
sepstein offline

Just bumping this up again - I'm on El Capitan 10.11.3, and cannot connect to the PowerLinc Modem 2413U. The USB serial port can't be found. Tried downloading the driver from FTDI and installed it - still no go.

Is Indigo not supporting El Capitan? It's been out for quite a while now ....

Posted on
Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:02 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

What exactly are the symptoms? Do you see the serial port in the popup? If not, then it's definitely not an Indigo problem since we're just showing the serial ports that the OS is telling us about.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:29 am
sepstein offline

Jay -

I think I have part of this figured out.

First of all, I am seeing a serial port to attach to. But I think the real issue is a conflict with Garmin Device Agent. When starting this up, I get an error "The FTDI Virtual Serial Drive is not compatible with with [sic] version of Device Agent. Device Agent must temporarily disable the driver before it can continue. Optionally, Device Agent can completely remove the driver if you wish" with options to "Disable for now" or "Remove Completely." I was using Device Agent last night, and Indigo stopped communicating with my PowerLinc at the same time. Once I was done with Device Agent, I still could not use Indigo - so much for "temporarily" disabling the driver, and later had a kernel panic:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.FTDI.driver.FTDIUSBSerialDriver(2.3)[ECC3AF36-431D-370D-86F2-5237785E9CF8]@0xffffff7fa9f32000->0xffffff7fa9f38fff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily(900.4.1)[7B5AC81A-D0B6-3F3D-87C7-AFD78F4686DB]@0xffffff7fa7ae3000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily(11)[54D621C1-8E93-357B-86AC-92EF7353FC0F]@0xffffff7fa8669000

Something is clearly up. Not sure if this is on Indigo's side or Garmin's (though my bet is on Garmin) - any advice here?

Steve

Posted on
Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:13 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Definitely not Indigo's side - we just use the VCP driver that's provided by Mac OS X. So if there's a conflict, it's Garmin's issue unfortunately.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed May 11, 2016 7:43 am
Professor Falken offline

Are folks doing OK on El Capitan these days? I know that was an issue a while back-- have bugs been worked out?

I am a 2 year Indigo user running on a 2010 mac mini that seems to be dying (frequent lock-ups requiring a complete hard reset, despite Indigo being the primary thing running on it). Thinking about replacing this 6 year old machine with a new mac mini, but I realize that I will have to have the most recent OS build from Apple.

All of my devices are Insteon, communicating via a USB Powerlink Modem (2413U).

Are people having success with this set up?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Posted on
Wed May 11, 2016 12:45 pm
mat offline

I did a clean install (wiped the HD) on a 2010 and installed El Capo.

Mini has sped up considerably - I only run indigo on it.

Can't comment on bugs as still in early stages after a house move.

Late 2018 mini 10.14