Control Pages - Text and labels not displaying against butto

Posted on
Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:17 pm
gpbell offline

Control Pages - Text and labels not displaying against butto

Hi,

I have a problem with Indigo that I can't work out. I have just tried to edit a control page, and in doing so I deleted all of the caption for a button that I had created. I saved the page, and then went back to add the correct button text, but it won't display on the page, or on the iPhone page, however it will display through safari on my mac? What have I done wrong? This problem seems to repeat itself for all text for any buttons, or values that I add to a control page, however all existing text is not affected.

Thanks

Greg

Posted on
Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:31 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Control Pages - Text and labels not displaying against b

This sounds like pretty odd behavior. What happens when you try to add a new button from scratch? Do you see the same behavior?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you start a new control page and follow the exact steps, does it happen again? If so, can you document exactly what steps you take so we can reproduce?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:32 pm
gpbell offline

Hi Jay,

Sorry for the very late reply!

It seems that every time I add a new item to a control page the text is not visible. To test this I created a new page and added a button (button_035w.png). The default label text did not appear on the page, however it did appear in the text box below the page. I tried to edit the text but it made no difference. I also tried to change the text colour, but again no difference. Not sure what has happened? It used to work fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have upgraded to the latest version since my original post. I am running version 6.1.4 on a Mac Mini and a Macbook Air.

Thank you (and I promise to reply more promptly in future!).

Greg

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:54 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

What color is the label text?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:22 pm
gpbell offline

The default is black, I also tried a few other colours but it made no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:14 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Is this in the Control Page editor window in Indigo, or is it also invisible when viewed from both Safari and Indigo Touch (iPhone/iPad)?

Try changing which font is selected, and also try changing the font point sizes. Does anything get the label to appear?

Also try changing the popups that control where the label is placed relative to the control/state. Any luck?

Lastly, can you take and post a screen capture of the problem for us?

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:12 pm
gpbell offline

Thanks Matt, the text does appear in the browser, but not in the page editor. When I change the font to anything other than aerial or verdana it becomes visible again. I also notice that all the other labels that use arial disappear if I edit the label, but reappear if I change the font from arial.

Posted on
Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Does the problem happen on both your Macs?

It sounds like your fonts have become corrupt, or there is a file permission problem. I'd run the Disk Utility to fix permissions first, then if that doesn't work consider reinstalling (over your current install) the Mac OS again.

Page 1 of 1