WeatherSnoop Error

Posted on
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:31 pm
GRWilde offline

WeatherSnoop Error

The WeatherSnoop Plugin seems to be gathering the correct information, but I am continually getting the following error in the event log:

WeatherSnoop Error Couldn't get site information from WeatherSnoop for device "WeatherSnoop" - check to see if WeatherSnoop is running correctly.
WeatherSnoop Debug Error specifics:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 484, in update
agentInformation = self.getWs3SiteData(localPropsCopy["wsAgent"])
File "plugin.py", line 471, in getWs3SiteData
f = urllib2.urlopen(url)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 431, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
'_open', req)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1227, in http_open
return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1200, in do_open
r = h.getresponse(buffering=True)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1132, in getresponse
response.begin()
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 453, in begin
version, status, reason = self._read_status()
BadStatusLine: ''

George Wilde

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:52 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: WeatherSnoop Error

That's indicating that you have some kind of network issue (the failure is happening down in the Python network libraries). Some questions:

• What OS are you using?
  • What Indigo version?
  • What WeatherSnoop version?
  • Is WeatherSnoop on the same Mac as Indigo?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:36 pm
GRWilde offline

I am using High Sierra 10.13,2 on a Mac Mini. I am using Indigo 7.1.1. I am using WeatherSnoop 3.2.1 also on the Mac Mini. The WeatherSnoop device is being regularly updated, but I am getting the error message every few minutes.

George Wilde

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:52 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you notice when the errors began? Any correlation to OS upgrades?

As I said, it's down in the Python libraries so there's nothing we can do to fix it. I'm hesitant to just trap the error and ignore it because it seems to indicate some systemic issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:11 pm
GRWilde offline

The WeatherSnoop data itself in Indigo is updated about every 32 seconds. The error message occurs randomly - sometimes separated by as little as 1 minute and other times separated by over 20 minutes from the previous message. It is almost like the WeatherSnoop plugin is occasionally missing an update.

I did not previously see this message, but I have made several updates to WeatherSnoop, Indigo, and High Sierra recently and the error probably appeared after one of those updates.

George Wilde

Posted on
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:31 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, we poll every 30 seconds. According to the Python docs:

Python 2.7 Docs wrote:
When true, the optional parameter strict (which defaults to a false value) causes BadStatusLine to be raised if the status line can’t be parsed as a valid HTTP/1.0 or 1.1 status line.

And given the empty string in the exception passed back (the two single quotes after BadStatusLine: in the last line of the exception you posted above), it looks like WeatherSnoop is periodically returning an HTTP response without a return status code line at all. I'll point this out to the WeatherSnoop guys for them to investigate.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:06 pm
boisy offline

Hi,

Jay alerted me to this forum thread.

GRWilde, you're running a slightly dated version of WeatherSnoop 3. Can you perform a "Check for Updates..." in the WeatherSnoop 3 menu to pull down the latest version which is 3.2.4 and then see if this issue persists on that version? I want to make certain you are on the latest version of the software.

Posted on
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:59 pm
GRWilde offline

Unfortunately, I am using the Mac App Store version of WeatherSnoop 3 and there does not appear to be any updates available.

George Wilde

Posted on
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:40 pm
boisy offline

GRWilde,

Send an email at support@tee-boy.com mentioning this message and we'll take care of that.

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:01 pm
GRWilde offline

I am still getting the error every few minutes with WeatherSnoop 3.2.4. The WeatherSnoop data appears to be updating correctly,, but the error occurs at somewhat random times.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:15 pm
stewkenly offline

Hi Everyone,

I too see this error

I am running High Sierra latest version (as of 1/23/2018)
Indigo 7.1.1
Weather Snoop 3.2.4 (1182)
plugin 2.1.3

Posted on
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:31 am
swisskent offline

I also have this error with WeatherSnoop 3.1.0.

If it is possible to have a WeatherSnoop 4 plug-in, I would upgrade.

My house depends on getting accurate detailed weather data, and Indigo keeps getting this error.

Posted on
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:11 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

swisskent wrote:
I also have this error with WeatherSnoop 3.1.0.

If it is possible to have a WeatherSnoop 4 plug-in, I would upgrade.

My house depends on getting accurate detailed weather data, and Indigo keeps getting this error.

Did you upgrade to the latest WeatherSnoop 3 (3.2.4) as the developer requested above?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:36 pm
swisskent offline

I cannot locate the WS 3.2.4 updater file. WeatherSnoop errors out when I check for updates.

Posted on
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:34 pm
swisskent offline

I finally located a download of WeatherSnoop 3.2.4. This file is very difficult to find on the Internet, because Bombich has WS4 now. Earlier versions of WS3 would produce error messages. I tried the internal updater on different Macs and got the same result. Did they discontinue minor updates for WS3 because WS4 is now for sale?

So far, so good, with Indigo and WS 3.2.4. I'll check the log in the morning to see if there have been any errors overnight.