Get error when updating to indigo

Posted on
Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:27 am
jens offline

Get error when updating to indigo

WeatherSnoop Debug url: http://Minis-Mac-mini.local.:7000/sites.json
WeatherSnoop Debug sitesDict: {u'sites': [{u'uri_v2': u'http://minis-mac-mini.local:7000/39AD5A7A-CD9A-4893-839F-DB4310804CA0_v2.json', u'uri': u'http://minis-mac-mini.local:7000/39AD5A7A-CD9A-4893-839F-DB4310804CA0.json', u'siteDocument': u'file://localhost/Users/mini/Documents/My%20Weather%20Underground.wssite/', u'agentName': u'Weather Underground'}], u'software': {u'version': u'3.1.1 (764)', u'name': u'WeatherSnoop 3'}}
WeatherSnoop Debug validateDeviceConfigUi devId: 1995840485
WeatherSnoop Debug wsAgent: http://minis-mac-mini.local:7000/39AD5A ... 04CA0.json
WeatherSnoop Debug getDeviceStateList called
OWServer Getting OWServer data...
OWServer Total of 0 servers polled.
OWServer Total of 2 sensors polled.
OWServer OWServer data parsed successfully.
Z-Wave received "IR Myshörna" status update is on
WeatherSnoop Debug Updating device: Regn
WeatherSnoop Error Couldn't get site information from WeatherSnoop for device "Regn" - check to see if WeatherSnoop is running correctly.
WeatherSnoop Debug Error specifics:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 481, in update
self.updateWs3DeviceState(device, siteInformation, "location")
File "plugin.py", line 680, in updateWs3DeviceState
device.updateStateOnServer(key=propKey, value=newValue, decimalPlaces=places, uiValue="%s%s" % (str(newValue), uiVal))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 0-3: ordinal not in range(128)

WeatherSnoop Debug Updating device: Temp
WeatherSnoop Error Couldn't get site information from WeatherSnoop for device "Temp" - check to see if WeatherSnoop is running correctly.
WeatherSnoop Debug Error specifics:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 481, in update
self.updateWs3DeviceState(device, siteInformation, "location")
File "plugin.py", line 680, in updateWs3DeviceState
device.updateStateOnServer(key=propKey, value=newValue, decimalPlaces=places, uiValue="%s%s" % (str(newValue), uiVal))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 0-3: ordinal not in range(128)

Posted on
Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Get error when updating to indigo

The location you have set for your weather station (Site tab on your agent view, "It is located at" field), apparently has non-ascii characters in it. I'll fix the coercion in an upcoming release of Indigo, but that may be a while off. If you just remove any non-ascii characters in the location name it should fix the problem.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun May 15, 2016 6:33 am
twolap offline

jay (support) wrote:
The location you have set for your weather station (Site tab on your agent view, "It is located at" field), apparently has non-ascii characters in it. I'll fix the coercion in an upcoming release of Indigo, but that may be a while off. If you just remove any non-ascii characters in the location name it should fix the problem.

After changing the station I pull data from, I started to run in to this problem too. As I use other peoples stations, I can't ask them to change the "location" text to not use Swedish characters... Is there a fix for this coming?

Cheers/Carl

Posted on
Sun May 15, 2016 10:41 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The OP's error is in is in the Site tab (Site Location) and should be fully editable by you. If you have the same problem, then the same solution should work.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon May 16, 2016 3:37 pm
howartp offline

Carl, I was about to post in your defence that Jay was wrong, because like you I'm using someone else's weather station.

However if you turn off Weathersnoop (click on the green 'running' blob) and go to the Site tab, you can change the fields there without affecting the station you're polling from (which is set on the Agent tab).

Sorry Jay :-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon May 16, 2016 4:13 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Correct, you can't change site information while the site is running - you have to stop it first... :wink:

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:47 pm
twolap offline

Hi guys,
I completely forgot about this until tonight when I started dicking around with it again....and found your answers. Sorry for not acknowledging your help earlier. I appreciate it.
I have been using another station that does not contain Swedish characters in the meanwhile but the temperature accuracy is poor so I gave fixing it another go...

Either way, I can stop the Agent, and as you say, edit the data. Only problem is that as soon as I start the agent again, what ever I wrote gets overwritten byt the data from the site and we are back to getting the error :(

Am I missing/misunderstanding something here?

Again, thanks for your help.

Cheer/Carl

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:57 pm
howartp offline

twolap wrote:
Either way, I can stop the Agent, and as you say, edit the data. Only problem is that as soon as I start the agent again, what ever I wrote gets overwritten byt the data from the site and we are back to getting the error :(

Am I missing/misunderstanding something here?

Again, thanks for your help.

Cheer/Carl

I just replicated this.

I changed my "It is located at" from ", " (which comes from the IBRADFOR3 station) to "Lapland" and pressed Enter. As soon as I started the agent running again, it reset it to ", "

Jay?

Peter

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:53 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I just tried it in weathersnoop 3.1.5 and it stayed changed. I have no idea why it's changing it back, you'd have to check with them.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1