[ANSWERED]Ambient Weather WS-2080 Data Problem Question

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:29 pm
toille27 offline

[ANSWERED]Ambient Weather WS-2080 Data Problem Question

I've been using an Ambient Weather WS-2080 with WeatherSnoop 2.1.5 for a while now and it has been reliable except for a few times I had to remove batteries from the receiver or sending unit due to erroneous readings. In general I have always been able to do the battery thing restart the plug-in and get it working again.

The ambient weather information in Indigo stopped updating earlier today yet the Ambient Weather receiving unit had updated values on it. Started/stopped WeatherSnoop, started/stopped Indigo, rebooted computer, and then finally removed batteries on receiver and eventually sending unit. Once the batteries on the sending unit were removed and replaced new values appeared in Indigo but the outdoor temperature value was 140 degrees F. I found on line that this was a corruption issue with the receiving unit and reset the unit to factory status and all the readings on the receiving unit went back to normal but Indigo would not update any of the weather station info.

In debugging mode there was nothing out of the ordinary other than the fact that all of the values that WeatherSnoop was polling were old values that were not showing on the receiving unit. I finally gave up and pulled the batteries on the receiver and let it sit for a while and once the batteries were reinstalled everything started working again.

My question is... just because the Ambient Weather receiving unit shows updated values doesn't necessarily mean it is providing new values to WeatherSnoop and Indigo? Does the receiving unit retain old values for a certain amount of time even with the batteries removed and if so does anyone know how long? The whole process was very confusing and I now know to just let the receiver sit without batteries for 30 minutes or so.

Posted on
Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:00 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Ambient Weather WS-2080 Data Problem Question

toille27 wrote:
My question is... just because the Ambient Weather receiving unit shows updated values doesn't necessarily mean it is providing new values to WeatherSnoop and Indigo? Does the receiving unit retain old values for a certain amount of time even with the batteries removed and if so does anyone know how long? The whole process was very confusing and I now know to just let the receiver sit without batteries for 30 minutes or so.

Sorry, I seem to have missed this post originally. I don't really have an answer to your question. The plugin just updates based on the information it gets from WeatherSnoop. My guess, based on what you saw, was that the Ambient station just stopped communicating new values via USB to WeatherSnoop. Tee-Boy might have more insight into the process though.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:00 pm
Rock offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Ambient Weather WS-2080 Data Problem Question

Hi ... Just a thought. I determined that the Ambient console also gets power from USB. Take batteries out and unplug USB. :D

Page 1 of 1