VeraBridge stopped being able to execute Vera Scenes

Posted on
Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:49 am
johnpolasek offline

VeraBridge stopped being able to execute Vera Scenes

I have been using the VeraBridge plugin to link my Kwikset Z-wave lock to Indigo through a Vera lite and since I had the Vera and a couple of Aeon 6In1s that won't talk to Indigo 6 yet, I added them to the Vera as well, letting Vera push alerts to me when there is motion and I'm not home... I used the Plugin's "Execute Vera Scene" action to arm and disarm the sensors based on my homestate variable, which worked fine for months... then two weeks ago, instead of executing the arm and disarm scenes, I suddenly started getting "vera thread:send command error:scene 1 does not exist or is inactive". messages in the log, while on the Vera side, the "last updated" time changes when the Indigo command comes in, but the status of the motion detectors doesn't change. The scenes are enabled, and if I execute them manually from the Vera side, they run fine. The door lock posts it's state and accepts lock/unlock commands from Indigo just fine... So would anyone have any idea where the problem lies?

Posted on
Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: VeraBridge stopped being able to execute Vera Scenes

Well, since the plugin didn't change, then it seems likely that a firmware update to the Vera changed. Clearly the command is getting to the Vera correctly and it thinks that it updated something about the device since last updated is getting touched. I'd say they've got a bug in their firmware. I think you can turn on logging in the Vera (though admittedly I don't recall how) so you might want to do that and see what happens in their log when the command is received.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1