[ANSWERED]More than one Vera edge

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:04 pm
jens offline

[ANSWERED]More than one Vera edge

Have two Vera edge is it possible to connect more than one to indigo??

// Jens

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: More than one Vera edge

No, the plugin only works with a single Vera.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:31 pm
dz1rfj offline

Re: [ANSWERED]More than one Vera edge

So I see here that only one Vera can be used, too bad, I was hoping to use vera in a shed, and send HTTP commands to Indigo.....

I have a large back yard, a shed, and 9 20 amp zwave outlets placed throughout the yard to act as repeaters.

Despite the coverage of zwave devices in the yard, I have a few devices that refuse to respond reliably, and was wondering about placing a 2nd Indio unit down in the yard in the shed, hoping to possibly extend the network to improve reliability.

I suspect there are just too many hops, but welcome expert advice. I estimate the hops in the backyard are ~ 300 feet to the shed, spaced about 30 feet apart.

Thanks

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:54 am
agame offline

I have a similar situation with a rural property & several outbuildings, formerly dealt with through 3 Veras & cat6. Migrating to Indigo & have hit this issue..

What is the behaviour of the plugin with two bridged Veras (i.e. bridged to each-other)? - I assume from the above that devices on the bridged Vera won't be visible to the plugin). But what about controlling devices on the second vera (just a couple of lights and a relay for a gate) via scenes on the first vera - I know hidden devices on Vera throw an Indigo error message (but the scene will still execute normally) - would the same apply in this situation?

Failing that I guess I could just use raw http requests to the second vera.

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The plugin should run any scene on the Vera. If that scene somehow controls another Vera then I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Another option is to make a copy of the plugin, change the plugin file name (Vera Bridge.indigoPlugin) and the name and plugin ID in the Info.plist file (Vera Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Info.plist, CFBundleDisplayName and CFBundleIdentifier) in the copy to be something else, then install it in Indigo. It will show up as a different plugin and I *think* should work correctly as an independent plugin.

The plugin could be modified to use multiple Veras if someone cared to do the refactoring work.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:53 pm
agame offline

thanks, gives me a few options to explore.

Page 1 of 1