Event Log Error for Vera Bridge Switches

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:28 pm
cjp767 offline

Event Log Error for Vera Bridge Switches

First, I think my software is fully updated. Mac OS 10.13, Indigo 7.1.0, Vera Bridge Plugin 2.1.2 from GitHub.

I have a detached garage and a studio that are out of range of the main house's Z-wave network, so I use a Vera and the Vera bridge plugin to control the lights and locks. All locks and switches work fine, but I periodically get a set of error messages in the Event Log for some of the switches. Here is a sample:

Oct 26, 2017 at 16:22:04
Error device "Studio Desk Lights" state key curEnergyLevel not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Studio Desk Lights" state key curEnergyLevel not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Studio Desk Lights" state key accumEnergyTotal not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Studio Desk Lights" state key accumEnergyTotal not defined (ignoring update request)

I checked the sync in Indigo to the Vera Bridge, and the switches are fine-- and, as I mentioned, work perfectly. I've been running the Vera Bridge/Indigo setup for a few years and haven't seen these errors before. I don't always have the Event Log up, so I don't know which change or software update may have caused the error to publish. Thanks for any guidance.

Posted on
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:50 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Event Log Error for Vera Bridge Switches

See this other thread for a discussion of those errors - it appears to be related to the last change to the plugin that added energy reporting.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:53 pm
cjp767 offline

Re: Event Log Error for Vera Bridge Switches

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, Jay. I'm not sure if I really need all the new features... Just on and off is fine passing to/from the Vera.

Page 1 of 1