Reflector Issues

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:11 pm
Snakesitter offline

Reflector Issues

I was wondering if there had been issues with the reflector service today? I got 70 pairs of "send failure" warnings that the connection was down today, which worries me a bit.... Otherwise, everything is working great!

Thank you,

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Reflector Issues

Yeah, we just got the new GoPrism.com server up and running. We are still tuning it a bit, so have had to restart some of the services which can temporarily disconnect reflectors. If you find it down for more than 15 minutes, then please let us know and we'll look into it.

In another few days we should have everything bolted down and the temporary disconnects should stop.

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm
peter offline

My reflector is down.

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Some users, because of our server switchover, have the incorrect encryption key on their Macs in this file:

~(your user folder)/.ssh/known_keys

You can either delete the GoPrism.com key out of that file, or if you don't use SSH on your Mac you can delete the entire file. Upon next restart of Indigo Server your reflector should be able to connect.

Note we will also be releasing new versions of Indigo 5 and 6 beta that have the correct server encryption public keys included, which will avoid (and also) fix this problem.

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 pm
peter offline

Indigo connects to my local server, but when I access my database for my vacation home, I can't get Indigo to turn on/off devices. Maybe my iMac at my vacation home is shutdown?

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:38 pm
peter offline

I'm not located at my vacation home, so I can't fix it?

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

peter wrote:
I'm not located at my vacation home, so I can't fix it?

Not unless you have remote access to that Mac somehow.

It is hard to know what the problem is (reflector issue, Mac down, ISP/networking problem, etc.) since you are remote to that Mac. If the reflector was working up until last weekend, then it is probably the encryption key problem mentioned above (that problem occurred late Saturday night). But if the reflector hasn't been working for some time before that, then it might be a different issue (like a file permissions problem).

Note, also, you need unique reflectors for each version of Indigo Server you have installed (each house).

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:06 pm
peter offline

I have unique reflectors for each house. It's probably the encryption. Thanks for your help.

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 pm
Snakesitter offline

Got it -- thank you!!!

Posted on
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:46 am
Snakesitter offline

I'm guessing there were more tweaks today? After total quiet and normal operations yesterday, today I've gotten warning e-mails every ten minutes for the past 12 hours or so.... ;-)

Thank you,

Posted on
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We bounced the server this morning at about 9:45am CST but it came right back up. AFAIK it was up and running all night before that.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

In addition to Jay's 9:45 AM bounce, I've restarted a couple of the services on that server a few times today. But that should have only temporarily impacted the Web application to create prism accounts/reflectors, not the ability to connect or use an existing reflector.

So if it still isn't working for you, then we might need to troubleshoot this one further offline (via email). Thanks.

Posted on
Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Snakesitter offline

OK. I will see if an Indigo or system restart fixes the issue when I get home; if not, I will follow up via e-mail.

Thank you, guys!

Posted on
Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

There are new versions of Indigo 5 and Indigo 6 available which should help with recent reflector connection failures.

Page 1 of 1