Reflector Connection Down

Posted on
Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:10 pm
jstackmk offline

Reflector Connection Down

I tried to use Indigo Touch on my iPad last night and got this "Failed to connect: Reflector Connection Down" error message. I checked Indigo on my Mac and saw a similar error message in my log.

Error failed to create reflector connection: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Preferences/PrismReflector/ssh_config'
Error reflector reconnection scheduled in 15 minutes

These errors started immediately after I upgraded to 5.1.7 earlier in the day.
I tried restarting my server and I get a "Failed to get your reflector URL from the Prism Reflector server" error message (see attached). I tried to visit the suggested http://prismreflector.com website but I just get a simple "We are not currently accepting new beta accounts at this time. Please check back in a few days." message.

I searched around on this forum and was going to try to some permission corrections procedures that were suggested to others with similar problems but this resulted in more questions about the location of my Indigo files.

The Indigo documentation states that all my Indigo files are located in /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/.
I have files in this folder but the Database folder only includes the "Sample House.indiDb" .
I searched around and found my database located in a Indigo folder within my user Documents folder. Is there a problem with that? Not sure how that happened.
I also found a /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 4/ folder. I assume this is leftover when I upgraded to v5. Can this be deleted?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

NOTE: I have used Indigo since 12/2009. It runs without problem for months and months. I don't tweet with my setup too often. Unfortunately this means I forget how a lot of this works. I feel like a new user again.
Attachments
Screenshot_12_30_12_12_07_PM.jpeg
Screenshot_12_30_12_12_07_PM.jpeg (25.94 KiB) Viewed 4084 times

Posted on
Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:41 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Reflector Connection Down

Hi Jim,

Try running the Indigo Perm Fixer application. If it doesn't work, then copy/paste both the results of the fixer app, and the results from the Event Log two minutes after the Indigo Server has started.

It is okay for your database file to be outside the Indigo 5 folder, but I would recommend putting it in there just to keep everything together.

Posted on
Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:23 pm
jstackmk offline

Thanks Matt. That fixed it.

Can I delete the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 4/ folder?

Jim

Posted on
Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:28 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, as long as you are sure you don't have an Indigo database file or other scripts/etc. in there that you might need.

Page 1 of 1