PrismReflector Disabled

Posted on
Tue May 29, 2012 3:06 pm
bcmayes offline

Re: PrismReflector Disabled

Thins were going okay for a bit. Or so I thought.

I re-installed MacOS on the computer, figuring that would fix any permissions issues. Must have done something as now I'm being asked to authenticate whenever I try to put something in the trash. I also installed the 5.1.2 update.

I can connect fine with Indigo Touch at home via Bonjour/WiFi and everything looks as it should. As soon as I leave my home netework though, I get the Sample Database data, even though my home database is selected in the settings and I've once again removed and secure deleted the Sample Database file. I just learned from the office that it also shows up as Sample Database when I connect via the web so it's not just a Touch problem.

I'll run the terminal steps again when I get home.

Byron

Mac mini 1.25, 1024MB RAM; Indigo 2.0

Posted on
Tue May 29, 2012 6:36 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If you get a different database when connected remotely (via GoPrism), then that means you have another Mac that is running the Indigo Server (with the demo database).

Posted on
Tue May 29, 2012 7:43 pm
bcmayes offline

matt (support) wrote:
If you get a different database when connected remotely (via GoPrism), then that means you have another Mac that is running the Indigo Server (with the demo database).

DANGIT!! [slapping side of head]

I turned on my old Mac mini a bit back to try and locate an old file. I neglected to turn it off! It was running Indigo 4. It's the quietest computer I've ever had. When the newer iMac rebooted, no doubt the Mini took over the Prism connection.

I turned it off. Restarted both computers. Connecting over wifi works. Connecting via Prism web works. Connecting over Verizon via iPad works. Haven't tried AT&T via iPhone yet, but I'm sure it will work, too.

<saveface>Well, at least I got some of those permissions things fixed. They would have caused me some problems down the line, right? </saveface>

Thanks so much for your help.

Byron

Mac mini 1.25, 1024MB RAM; Indigo 2.0