unable to connect remotely :(.

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:50 pm
Geoffb offline

Re: unable to connect remotely :(.

Jay,

I also got this warning box today just now when I made Indigo active:

eceived INSTEON "Motion detector 2" off (button 2)
Error (client) failed to get reflector URL (server may not be installed)
Error (client) must be admin user to start server process
Error (client) ~CServerSettings() caught exception: FileIOError -- failed to make folder ref (err -5000)

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:25 pm
Geoffb offline

Jay,

Also got this dialog box which doesn't make sense to me since I AM logged in to the Administrator's account....
indigo.tiff
indigo.tiff (38.82 KiB) Viewed 6870 times

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:38 pm
Geoffb offline

Going from bad to worse... I thought I would restart Indigo by restarting the computer, shutting it down this time rather than just restarting it.. when I restarted it I am not able to open Indigo now. I am getting a dialog box saying I need to log in from the administrator's account.. but I am the administrator and that is the account I am logged in on... sigh...

Geoff

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:44 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sounds like you have something going very wrong with permissions and/or accounts on your Mac. Try running the Disk Utility application and doing a Repair Permissions.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:58 pm
Geoffb offline

HI Jay,

Even before I made my last post, I did run the Disk Utility program and ran the Repair permissions but it is still happening and now nothing of my Indigo is running... and all this within three weeks of completely erasing the hard drive and reinstalling everything fresh.. including Indigo... Jay can you tell me the best way to UNinstall Indigo? I have a backup of the settings, devices etc so doing a reinstall might be the best and shortest route but unless I remove all of Indigo, I am worried that I will have more problems.. thus far it appears Indigo is the only program I am having problems with... I understand that the permissions issue may be, even likely might be an issue with the system software but I thought I would start with replacing Indigo.. unless you think that is unwise... not sure if you are still around tonight but if not, then I will have to deal with this issue another time...

geoff

PS did the Terminal program you had me run tell you anything?

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:40 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ok, since you have a backup, delete the following and restart your Mac:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 4/
/Applications/Indigo 4

Once you've restarted, then reinstall Indigo 4 and reboot.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:18 pm
Geoffb offline

Jay,

I have a question I hope you can answer. I ended up erasing my hard drive completely. I installed a whole new system and reinstalled all my applications. I also installed Indigo and used my backup file to reinstall my devices etc from the previous Indigo that I backed up before any of this started at all. I was able to operate Indigo via the computer and also my IPhone as long as it was via WiFi.. it still wouldn't operated via internet and it said the reflector was not activated... the same thing I was at before I ran the little terminal program you suggested. After I ran that terminal program is when Indigo no longer recognized me as the administrator leading me to do a complete reinstall. I tried to run the terminal program again you posted for me and now the same thing has happened. Right after I ran the terminal program, Indigo refused to recognize me as the administrator and has locked me out again.. is there something in the terminal program that I ran that would corrupt this in this manner? I am pretty frustrated here.. I think I am looking at doing another complete reinstall... any help will be appreciated.. Below I have pasted the results of the terminal program...

geoff

Last login: Sun Jul 10 18:58:42 on ttys000
B-Geoffrey-Burnhams-iMac-2:~ Admin$ id
uid=501(Admin) gid=20(staff) groups=20(staff),401(com.apple.access_screensharing),402(com.apple.sharepoint.group.1),204(_developer),100(_lpoperator),98(_lpadmin),81(_appserveradm),80(admin),79(_appserverusr),61(localaccounts),12(everyone),404(com.apple.sharepoint.group.3),403(com.apple.sharepoint.group.2)
B-Geoffrey-Burnhams-iMac-2:~ Admin$ sudo bash
bash-3.2# cd /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/
bash-3.2# cd Indigo\ 5/Preferences/PrismReflector
bash: cd: Indigo 5/Preferences/PrismReflector: No such file or directory
bash-3.2# ls -al
total 0
drwxrwxr-x 3 root admin 102 Jan 28 18:06 .
drwxrwxr-x 21 root admin 714 Jul 10 17:41 ..
drw-rw---- 9 root admin 306 Jul 10 17:53 Indigo 4
bash-3.2# chmod ugo-x *
bash-3.2# chmod o-rwx *
bash-3.2# chmod g-rw id_rsa
chmod: id_rsa: No such file or directory
bash-3.2# ls -al
total 0
drwxrwxr-x 3 root admin 102 Jan 28 18:06 .
drwxrwxr-x 21 root admin 714 Jul 10 17:41 ..
drw-rw---- 9 root admin 306 Jul 10 17:53 Indigo 4
bash-3.2# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(wheel) groups=0(wheel),401(com.apple.access_screensharing),402(com.apple.sharepoint.group.1),204(_developer),100(_lpoperator),98(_lpadmin),80(admin),61(localaccounts),29(certusers),20(staff),12(everyone),9(procmod),8(procview),5(operator),4(tty),3(sys),2(kmem),1(daemon),404(com.apple.sharepoint.group.3),403(com.apple.sharepoint.group.2)
bash-3.2#

Posted on
Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:40 pm
Geoffb offline

New update: It turns out, so far anyway, that I didn't have to completely erase the hard drive again.... I removed Indigo completely and then reinstalled it. When it came to the reflector status I entered my user name and password and then tried to activate it to no avail. I then went to goprism and logged in again. At the first screen, it shows the name of the reflector and lists it as active.. BUT when I clicked on the URL to see the details of the reflector, it says, Reflector connection is currently down. which of course would explain why I can't connect but why its down and how to get it working again, is the bigger question that I can't answer.... sorry to be such a burden... thanks for any help or suggestions when you have a moment...

Posted on
Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:53 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Exactly - removing Indigo completely and reinstalling should restore at least back to the point where the only thing not working was the reflector.

I'm not sure what's happening with your reflector, but let's just try to create a new one:

1) Shut down the Indigo Server - select "Stop Local Server" from the "Indigo 4" menu
2) Delete the following folder:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 4/Preferences/PrismReflector/

3) In the Indigo Client, select the "Start Local Server..." button in the "Server Connection Status" dialog
4) Under "Enable anywhere secure access (via Prism Reflector)", there should be a button titled "Activate Reflector". Click that.
5) That will switch you to your Web browser and to the goprism.com web site. Do NOT log in with your old prism account - click on the "create an account" tab at the upper right and create a new prism account.
6) Once you see "Reflector was successfully activated." and the "My Reflectors:" list, switch back to the Indigo Client application. It should show "Reflector status: Activated"
7) Click "Start Server".

Hopefully that should get you back up. You'll need to delete your old server entry in Indigo Touch, then close the dialog. Reopen the dialog and select your server again and it will pick up the new reflector settings.

Send me an email (to indigo DASH support AT perceptiveautomation DOT com) with your old reflector name and I'll delete that one.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:14 am
Geoffb offline

Hi Jay,
Things appeared to resolve once I did as you suggested and opened a new account and created a new reflector....then about an hour later, I was again unable to access the reflector in the same manner as before. I couldn't check the settings until just now...but when I did, the START LOCAL SERVER page shows the reflector is activated but when I click on the URL link to the reflector for details, it says the reflector connection is down again.... :(

Posted on
Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:12 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Shutdown the Indigo Server (not just the client), then restart it. Wait 15 minutes, then see if it works. If it doesn't, then open the Event Log window and copy/paste its entire contents into a forum reply.

Also (if it doesn't work), try totally turning off your OS X firewall and repeating the above.

Posted on
Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:53 pm
Geoffb offline

Hi Matt,

Thanks for joining the foray .... I did ( I think ) what you asked me to do .. I opened the START LOCAL SERVER window and clicked on STOP SERVER, then waited about 15 mins or so, then clicked on RESTART server...then I copied and pasted the resulting text from the log window... hope it helps you figure out the problem... I even had the cable company over today and had them change the modem. Thanks for your help.

geoff

Jul 11, 2011 3:24:31 PM
Starting Indigo Server version 4.1.16
Loading attachments
"device target attachment.scpt" script loaded
"group target attachment.scpt" script loaded
"growl attachment.scpt" script loaded
"iTunes attachment.scpt" script loaded
"scenes attachment.scpt" script loaded
"time stamp attachment.scpt" script loaded
Bonjour registered "Indigo - My House 1"
Indigo Cocoa client authenticated
Reflector starting reflector connection to https://bgburnham.goprism.com
Reflector starting reflector connection to https://bgburnham.goprism.com
WebServer client authenticated
WebServer started on port 8176 -- digest authentication enabled

Jul 11, 2011 3:24:34 PM
Connected to SmartHome PowerLinc USB E
PowerLinc address 11.F3.28, firmware version 2.13
PowerLinc standalone operation disabled
Indigo directly controlling automation logic

Jul 11, 2011 3:42:30 PM
Received sleep notification from system
PowerLinc Daylight savings time currently enabled
PowerLinc Clock set to Jul 11, 2011 3:42:30 PM
PowerLinc Resetting...
PowerLinc Reset complete
PowerLinc standalone operation enabled
Closed interface connections

Jul 11, 2011 3:48:40 PM
Received awake notification from system

Jul 11, 2011 3:51:33 PM
Error reflector connection not open
Error reflector reconnection scheduled in 5 seconds
Killing 867 using SIGTERM
returned ESRCH
Reflector restarting reflector connection to https://bgburnham.goprism.com

Jul 11, 2011 4:00:00 PM
Time/Date Action heat on daily
Sent INSTEON "Thermostat" set heat setpoint to 70.0

Jul 11, 2011 4:03:31 PM
PowerLinc Clock set to Jul 11, 2011 4:03:32 PM
PowerLinc Resetting...
PowerLinc Reset complete

Jul 11, 2011 4:11:03 PM

Jul 11, 2011 4:19:19 PM
Error reflector connection not open
Error reflector reconnection scheduled in 5 seconds
Killing 918 using SIGTERM
returned ESRCH
Reflector restarting reflector connection to https://bgburnham.goprism.com

Jul 11, 2011 4:22:24 PM
PowerLinc Clock set to Jul 11, 2011 4:22:25 PM
PowerLinc Resetting...
PowerLinc Reset complete

Jul 11, 2011 4:48:15 PM

Jul 11, 2011 4:48:40 PM
WebServer Indigo Touch client connected from 10.0.1.28

Posted on
Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

There's the problem - your Mac is going to sleep. Your Mac must be awake in order for it to control your Home Automation. See the manual for details.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 am
Geoffb offline

:oops: Thanks to both Matt and Jay for their persistence and patience.. you were right.. when my Mac crashed for problems unrelated to Indigo, I had to do a complete reinstall of everything after I had erased the hard drive... although I had done a fresh install of Indigo, and all other programs, it had been so long since I had to do any adjustments to Indigo because of its incredible reliability and stability that I had completely forgotten about the necessity of preventing the Mac from going to sleep.... please take that as a compliment!!! Most programs out there require so much maintenance that you have to become an expert just to keep it running!! thanks again

geoff