Prism Reflector

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:30 pm
Fxguy offline

Prism Reflector

I seem to be unable to activate a reflector to access indigo outside my local network.....can someone help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Prism Reflector

During what part of the activation process does it fail? What errors (if any) do you get?

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to remote access forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:13 pm
agame offline

I'm mid-way through setting up a second Indigo installation at a remote weekender.

Now back in the city, I'm finding that Indigo Touch generally reports there is no connection to the reflector service...however 'Back to my Mac' does work and once I give Indigo a prod everything appears to work normally. The Mac is configured not to sleep as per usual.

Being up in the Alps, this place is on satellite broadband [SkyMuster AU] - this service is reported as doing some unconventional things with caching to reduce satellite lag that reputedly complicates accessibility of some sites...I wonder if that is is possibly masking the 'heartbeat' somehow ... [this ISP's IP range was originally completely blocked by the Indigo servers - but thats now fixed or I wouldn't get though at all.... so I can't think that former issue would be related?]. Hopefully a simpler explanation??

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You got it - it's a satellite provider issue. Indigo Touch communicates with the Indigo Web Server through persistent socket connections. Satellite providers seem to want to kill socket connections they think are idle. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to actually kill the connection so the OS doesn't actually notify us that the connection is dead. We're still looking into it but it'll be sometime after we get 7.1 out.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:07 pm
agame offline

just by way of update: for several days my access problems seem to have gone away.
The only thing I did was set up a schedule for indigo to ping a couple of external sites every few hours. Not sure if this is keeping the modem from entering a deep sleep mode.

Page 1 of 1