Phantom Touch commands?

Posted on
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:28 pm
Japple55 offline

Phantom Touch commands?

Getting some really bizarre things happening. Today I was at the gym when my wife called and asked if I had opened the garage door remotely (I hadn't). I didn't even have the Indigo app open on my iphone. I tracked the IP address from the log to that of the gym. I have no idea what happened. What's worrisome is that this exact same thing happened over July 4th weekend while we were away in Chicago. That time the command came from the IP address of the AirBnB unit we were staying in, so I just assumed I must have had the app open in the background and somehow executed the command. That wasn't the case today. I'm baffled!

Thoughts anyone?

Posted on
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:43 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Phantom Touch commands?

Do you have any geolocation stuff (Home Remote or some such) that's getting false positives and triggering something? Maybe you have some external service wired up to execute something (IFTTT, etc)? Or if you have Home Remote installed with it's shortcut buttons on the lock screen of your phone, perhaps it's getting tapped accidentally?

What are the lines from the Event Log for several minutes before and after the triggering?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:01 pm
Japple55 offline

Good ideas, Jay. I do have Home Remote installed but didn't think I had any actions active, but it is showing up in the log. The log shows the command sent, and then one minute later the HR action. Can the action be executed and take a minute for the request to show up in the log?

Jul 20, 2017, 4:30:00 PM
Schedule Update Temperature and Humidity
Action Group Update Temp & Humidity
Z-Wave received "Kitchen Motion Sensor" status update is on
Trigger Kitchen Lights ON via Motion Sensor
Z-Wave sent "Kitchen Lights Dimmer" on
Z-Wave received "Kitchen Motion Sensor" status update is off
WebServer request to turn on device "Garage Door Controller (GD00Z-4)" from 70.88.60.130
Z-Wave sent "Garage Door Controller (GD00Z-4)" open
Z-Wave received "Garage Door Controller (GD00Z-4)" status update is opening
Z-Wave received "Garage Door Sensor" status update is on
Trigger Garage Door OPEN - Push Notification
Trigger Garage and Driveway Lights ON
Action Group Garage and Driveway Lights ON
Pushover Debug
Pushover Debug Garage Door is OPEN
Pushover Debug
Pushover Debug
Z-Wave sent "Driveway Light" on
Z-Wave received "Garage Door Controller (GD00Z-4)" status update is open

Jul 20, 2017, 4:31:01 PM
WebServer request to execute action group "JIM Location Variable set to AWAY" from 70.88.60.130
Action Group JIM Location Variable set to AWAY
Z-Wave received "Kitchen Motion Sensor" status update is on

Posted on
Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:10 pm
Japple55 offline

On second thought, I think you nailed it with your last idea. I do have HR shortcuts on my lock screen (swipe to left to expose). I could very easily have hit one of those by mistake. They are now history.

Thanks Jay!!! :D

Posted on
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:03 pm
DaveL17 offline

As an extra measure of security, I arranged my lock screen so that Home Remote was below the bottom edge of the screen. So a butt-dial requires Home > Swipe Right > Swipe Up > Tap. Not fool proof, but it is a little bit more.

I think it would be a nice feature to have some kind of safety net--like a confirmation of some sort--although I have no idea what's possible on the lock screen.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:25 am
Japple55 offline

Another good idea, thanks Dave. If I put it back on the phone, I will use your suggestion.

Page 1 of 1