I'm in a quandry

Posted on
Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:26 am
johnpolasek offline

I'm in a quandry

I have for a number of years been using a VPN to access the Indigo Server remotely rather than subscribing to Prism... however, last January, our work environment changed the office network to use the same local nonroutable subnet as home, which creates a bunch of duplicate IPs and network errors on my phone or computer if I ever try to VPN, so rather than reassign all the stuff on our home onto a new subnet, I was about to add the Prism subscription, until I read in a forum that the service (and it's cost) would be bundled into 7. And since 7 was supposedly coming "real soon now" although no target date was specified, I was SURE that the day after I signed up, the upgrade would be released that I'd have to buy (to get the motion sensors off the Vera if for no other reason). So i decided to wait rather than pay an annual fee that might only be needed for a week or two... but as the weeks have become months, I'm starting to wonder if it might be worth signing up for the subscription just to make the upgrade happen...

Posted on
Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:59 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: I'm in a quandry

We only offer monthly subscriptions now, so at most you'd be out $2.99USD if we released the day after you subscribed. No ETA on I7, we're really hard at work on it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:51 am
akimball offline

That's less than the cost of playing a red nickel in a 15-second hand of blackjack. Or equivalent to a gallon of vitamin-D whole milk. Or about the same as 2 minutes of my time. Oh wait, I just wasted $3. ;)

-Al

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:36 am
johnpolasek offline

I had thought it was a yearly subscription... I have signed up for the monthly and will definitely continue it once I7 comes out (which I'm also ready to spring for as soon as it's released).

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:44 am
citysnaps offline

I'm kind of in a similar quandary, but with a few more $ at stake.. I'm on my 2nd day of using the 30 day Indigo 6 trial software and am really enjoying the experience. Much much easier than getting my Vera system together a few years ago. Faster, too.

I'm so impressed I'm pretty sure I'll be wanting to buy Indigo 6 Pro soon, but am wondering about the consequences of I7 coming out and wanting to buy it not long after purchasing I6.

Brad
Urban photoblog: www.citysnaps.net

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:54 am
akimball offline

Personally I'd take an early run at 6 and transfer to 7. I trust these guys to make fair upgrade pricing available.

7 shouldn't be so different that it breaks 6.

Best regards,

-Al

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:00 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

citysnaps wrote:
but am wondering about the consequences of I7 coming out and wanting to buy it not long after purchasing I6.

All Indigo 6 purchases since last November qualify for a free upgrade to Indigo 7.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:13 am
citysnaps offline

jay (support) wrote:
citysnaps wrote:
but am wondering about the consequences of I7 coming out and wanting to buy it not long after purchasing I6.

All Indigo 6 purchases since last November qualify for a free upgrade to Indigo 7.

Awesome! Looks like you got my business - thanks!

Brad
Urban photoblog: www.citysnaps.net

Page 1 of 1