Prism/Reflector functionality with home server

Posted on
Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:32 am
Data offline

Prism/Reflector functionality with home server

Hello all, i was wondering if it is possible to get the Prism / Reflector functionality going if you have a private server running like a synolagy with good enough bandwidth , or is the only way to go and pay for the service even if you have a server already ?

I like the functionality , but i use it like 4 times a year on average and for that it will be a costly afaire. And since i'm thinking of bying a server in the future i wondered if it would be possible.

Thanks .

Posted on
Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:11 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Prism/Reflector functionality with home server

The reflector service is specific to our hosted servers, but you can directly access Indigo's HTTP server via port 8176 on your Mac. So if you can get everything configured correctly (dyndns, router port forwarding, Mac firewall) then you can just directly connect to Indigo (via a Web browser or Indigo Touch).

Because the configuration of how to do that varies based on ISP (static versus dynamic IP addresses), router capabilities/brand, and network topology (your Mac needs a static IP address within your LAN), it isn't something we can directly provide support or steps for.

Page 1 of 1