[ANSWERED]Prism Down

Posted on
Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:41 pm
bagpiper offline

[ANSWERED]Prism Down

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that I have been receiving the "Reflector connection is currently down" when logging into the goprism website and checking my reflector link.

Thanks,

Kevin

Posted on
Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:08 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Prism Down

Hi Kevin,

Everything is checking out okay here on our server side and with the reflectors we monitor. Stop and restart the Indigo Server, then copy/paste the contents of the Event Log window into an email to us (indigo-support AT perceptiveautomation.com). You can copy/paste into a forum reply as well, but it can show your reflector name which you might not want to publicly post.

Posted on
Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:09 am
bagpiper offline

Hello Matt,

I all see now in my events log is this:

Error failed to create reflector connection: unexpected tunnel error
Error reflector reconnection scheduled in 15 minutes

Thanks

Kevin

Posted on
Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:41 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Have you switched Macs or updated your OS? Send us an email (indigo-support AT perceptiveautomation.com) and we'll troubleshoot it some more.

Posted on
Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:00 pm
bagpiper offline

Hello Matt,

Indigo 6 beta and Final Version is running on the same mac without any major OS updates

I did have Mac Server App on in the last week, but I think the problems with my reflector preceded this.

I attributed the problem to my inability to exit the control pages and select the reflector when I am not home. I also had to duplicate the V6 beta Database when upgrading to the Stable V6.

I closed the server.app, rebooted, ran some file permissions and disk repair tasks, restarted the OS without the server app.

When I log into gorprism.com and view my account, and I click on my url and it says the reflector is down, is that because the reflector needs to see my mac in order for it show its active and working ?

Thanks,

Kevin

Posted on
Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The reflector being down means your Mac wasn't able to establish the secure tunnel to our hosted server for some reason. Often this is because of file permission or owner problems, but we'll need to troubleshoot this more offline to know for sure.

Posted on
Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 pm
bagpiper offline

Thanks, I'll check the files and directory one more time.

Posted on
Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:15 pm
mtuchman offline

I am having the same message constantly. "Reflector is down" Is it possible that if the Mac is "asleep" that the "prism" reflector will not work?

Posted on
Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:23 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Correct, the Mac has to be awake for Indigo to handle its processing (including the reflector). You can power down the display and spin down the hard drive though.

Posted on
Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:29 pm
mtuchman offline

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks so much. I will check in after I wake it up.

Page 1 of 1